Friday, March 22, 2013

Oxford Book Conference

Rob Griffith, recipient of the Lily Peter award, entertains the Oxford Book Conference audience by reading his autobiographical poems that are filled with emotions. Before reading his poems, he gives background as to what the poems are about. One of his works, called 33, is a poem he wrote for his wife's 33rd birthday. Instead of having an upbeat and optimistic tone it is written with a tone filled with remorse and resistance to turning another year older. "Your birthday’s come around again, and  can think of nothing  but those 33s collecting dust behind the stair." 

  
Nicole Cooley and Rob Griffith sit down for an interview after reading their works to the Oxford Book Conference audience. The audience members had that opportunity to ask questions to the poets. One question asked was "please explain how research helps your write your poems." Nicole answered, "it helps refreshes my language and ultimately leads me back to my personal self." Rob Griffith answered, "sometimes when I research I have to force myself to stop because I could do it for days and day. I ultimately, however, find that research leads me back to myself, as well." 

No comments:

Post a Comment